Urology Conditions & Treatments
Board-certified urology care in New York City
As a urologist, Dr. Angelish Kumar treats a wide range of conditions that affect the bladder and urinary tract, including:
- Stress Incontinence (urinary leakage with cough, laugh, or sneeze)
- Overactive Bladder (urinating too often, and with uncontrollable urge)
- Nocturia (urinating too often at night)
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause
- Incomplete Bladder Emptying
- Vaginal Laxity and Prolapse
- Pain with intercourse
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder and Urinary Tract Tumors
In women, conditions which affect the vagina and pelvic floor also affect the bladder and urinary tract. Therefore, Dr. Kumar utilizes a comprehensive approach to evaluate and treat women’s genitourinary issues. She believes that a woman’s gynecologic history, hormonal status, and other health and medical issues need to be factored in to her urologic treatment.
Dr. Kumar enjoys discussing diagnoses and treatment options with her patients, as well as considering each person’s individual preferences in tailoring a plan.
Women’s Urology New York invites you to learn more about genitourinary conditions and treatment options on the website, and by making an appointment with Dr. Kumar.